Vastu Shastra Tips For Pooja Room | Temple
Pooja room , means a personal room for God, our beloved God,
Previously i.,e in olden days particularly in India so many are sparing or constructing one pooja room (Called as God Room, Temple, Mandhir,Bhajana room, Prayer room etc), days are passing now the pooja room converted into pooja shelf, yes sir/madam, now a days so many are placing God Idols at shelfs only, not interested to construct one separate room to God, our interesting diety.
Which room is the correct place for diety , we shall discuss all the important things here about our beloved Diety, God. As per Vastu shastra Northeast corner is the right and correct place for the pooja room. But according to the latest scientific researches i found that this place(north east) should be very clean, we should not construct or put any thing at this place. In my researches i found that the placement of pooja room at northeast corner is one way its right and another way its wrong, why because, our elders are very intelligent and well wishers to the coming zenerations, in taking importance of next generations they implied this system of pooja room at ishan corner.
Why the elders done like this, there is a great reason behind it. Actually as per the vastu shastra Ishan corner walk is very good and most developed cause for human beings, in taking view of this they implied this rule as pooja room should be at Ishan corner, and also another two reasons are invented that, Ishan place should always be clean, and Ishan place should always be less weight, in taking consideration of all these factors they implied this rule as pooja room should be at Ishan corner. Thank to our elders.
1. Pooja room should always clean and no other things except pooja materials kept.
2. Pooja should not be placed at Nairuthi (southwest) corner of the house.
3. Pooja should not be placed at Ishan (northeast) corner of the house, but here with some specifications we can put or install or construct the pooja room at Ishan corner with care, before going to do it, better to get suggestion from one experienced vastu consultant.
4. Pooja room Gods be seated at East facing and inmate has to sit and worship God by seeing the towards West side.
5. Pooja room Gods be seated at West facing and inmates has to sit and worship God by seeing the East side..
6. Pooja room may be constructed at Agneya (southeast) corner, with some conditions
7. Pooja room may be planned at vayavya (northwest) corner, with some vastu terms.
8. At any cost pooja room should not be placed at out side of the house, if so with some specifications we can do it., but be careful.
9. Four side walk is auspicious for pooja room, try it, but only with severe specifications. Consult for good experienced vastu expert.
10. Free air should be passed at pooja room, it should not be totally closed, or air tightened.
11. Continuous chanting of your interesting god is good at pooja room, it may be by our mouth or by player.
12. Pooja room may be seated at Brahmastan.(middle of the house is called Brahmastan)
13. At pooja room Gods may face to east or west, sometimes north also good. But south is not good, please note that devotion only counts, not the pooja items offered to God. Blessings is important, pray god with clear heart, God cannot bend for our offerings. He is the supreme, remember always about it. God, the SUPREME power of Universe.
14. One should not sleep at Pooja Room. Pooja room is kept only for God..
15. One important point is that in some cases one cannot have two rooms in his living area, so one has to sleep and cook at one room only, at this moment, place Gods at one shelve and be close it with screen or window, but max try for wholes to that window. Whenever we want to pray we can pray by opening the screen (or doors) and one should close the same, after the prayer.
16. As far as possible better to decorate the pooja room door with auspicious symbols like the image of Ganesh or an Omkar.
17. Take maximum precautions not to touch the walls of pooja room with latrine or bathroom walls.
18. The person performing the pooja should either face towards the East or West or North (permitted with expert advise).
19. Without performing bath dont enter into pooja room.
20. Clean the pooja room everyday. Atleast perform bath to Gods atleast once in a week.
21. Tulasi (Basil Plant) should be planted at house premises, it is must for every house.
22. Dont come before God (near to pooja room) with shoes and chapplas.
Previous days some elders say that pooja room can be situated at any room of the house, but the pooja room should be constructed separately where we can pray to God peacefully and can maintain it holy. If there is no facility for keeping the Pooja room separately, we can keep a corner or shelf as a pooja room. Now we shall see the location of the pooja room in a building (or house). Construct the pooja room as per vastu shastra.
The pooja room should be at the Northeast (care has to taken to keep pooja room at northeast corner of the house ), East, South, West etc., in some house cases other than the exact North-west corner and South-east corner. The pooja room can be constructed at the Brahmasthan also which will give very good results. Gods should face East or West direction in the pooja room for getting their blessings. The gods can be prayed to by facing any direction but the faith and devotion only counts.
We should not construct a small room at the North-east with more shelves and keep the Deityís photos and construct a platform for the idols there. This will load and block the North-east corner and the Gods will get antagonized with us. We can have open shelves and place Godís pictures there or a shelf in the Northeast room can be used for pooja purposes. The North-east corner of the house should be clean, which will bring Godís blessings.
If there is no separate room available for pooja room we can use any room by placing a bench or a shelf and keeping deities there. Even in bedrooms (if no separate room is available) the gods can be arranged in a shelf but the shelf has to be covered by a screen or by closing windows. Whenever we want to pray we can pray by opening the screen (or doors) and one should close the same, after the prayer. Any shed outside the house, should be constructed at the West or South. This will give benefic results to the inmates as this evades the South and West direction. But, the construction of shed should be avoided at the East and North directions.
The pictures and idols of Gods worshipped in the pooja room should not face the south or north (Actually its not serious, but we are giving respect to our elders voice only). The picture of Gods casually hung on the walls of the house can be facing any direction. The photos and idols of god to be worshipped in the pooja room are to face either the East or the West. The person performing the pooja should either face the East or the North.
Some important hints:
1) Pooja room should not be in the bedroom
2) Pooja room should not be above electrical appliances or gas stoves
3) Pooja room should not touch the same wall as the toilet
4) Pooja room should not be opposite bathroom or toilet.
5) Pooja room should be clean and neat avoid dirt or clutter and keep it fragrant.